A traditional firm from the Ruhr Valley
In 1930, Hermann Büteführ, grandfather of current Managing Directors Klaus and Ulrich Büteführ, started his eponymous company in Duisburg in North Rhine-Westphalia with just one flatbed truck. He began by transporting all types of materials locally and long distance. In the years following the Second World War, the firm gradually started carrying small groups of passengers on weekend breaks to the nearby resorts of Ahr and Mosel.
In the mid-1950s, the company purchased its first tanker and began transporting mineral oil products for an oil group, adding the transport of basic chemicals to its repertoire in 1961. After moving headquarters to (Obere) Kaiserswerther Straße in the south of Duisburg, the foundations were laid for the current repair and cleaning business.
A branch office and repair workshop in the Bitterfeld chemicals park in Greppin in the early 1990s, plus a new Duisburg site in October 2006, helped shape the company as it stands today. Thanks to the addition of an administrative building and workshop for tank containers and superstructures covering 3,700 m² in Duisburg Hüttenheim (Am Röhrenwerk), the company’s repair facilities now cover a total 5,500 m².
With 255 employees, this training organisation is one of the most solid players in the Ruhr Valley.